Hitting or Pitching
We offer both group or individual lessons at ProKids Academy as well as team lessons.
All Individual/Team Lessons are given at the following location:
Laguna Beach Batting Cage Facility
2003 Laguna Canyon Road
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Give Coach Mark a call today to get started with one of our plans.
NOTE IF YOU CANCEL A LESSON WITH LESS THAN 24 HOURS NOTIFICATION, YOU ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING THE FEE’S FOR THAT LESSON
TEAM HITTING SESSIONS:
1 hour – 4 to 6 stations: “No standing around!”
$160.00 minimum charge.
- One Hand Swings (SoloHitter Station)
- Two Hand Flat Bat Swings ( SoloHitter Station)
- Heavy Bag Station (SoloHitter Station)
- Short/Front Toss w/ ProKids Instructor
- Live Coach Pitching from behind L-Screen (you provide coach)
$160.00 per 1 hour Session (minimum charge), up to 12 players = $240.00 (max charge)
Example: 5 or 6 players = $160.00, 10 players = $200.00, 11 = $220.00, 12 = $240.00
The PRO Pitcher Group Pitching Workout:
- Warm up lap; goal is to raise body temperature 1 degree
- Team Stretch and Agilities; upper and lower body
- Stretch-Band “J-Band” workout; resistance exercises for strength
- Strength Drills; “Body Blade” Workout, Medicine Ball warm up, Weighted Ball Exercise, Trampoline Toss, Balance/Incline Boards
- Discussion about goals of each workout, progression and what release point and body mechanics should look like as a pitcher
- Throwing Drill #1; throwing baseball into target from knees, focusing on “arm action” (gradually increase distance)
- Throwing Drill #2; throwing baseball into target while standing on “Balance Board” or “Incline Board” stressing focus, balance and aggressiveness (gradually increase distance)
- Throwing Drill #3; throwing from appropriate pitching distance, focusing on explosive hips using various props to create balance, velocity and explosiveness.
- Throwing Drill #4; throwing from Stretch then Wind-up at various “spots” on target.
- Throwing Drill #5; throwing with various grips (ie. 2 seam/4seam fastball, change-up and safe curveball)
- Velocity Check Point; using Jugs Radar Gun to evaluate velocity vs. mechanics and effectiveness.
- Team Review and Cool Down
Train like a pro! All for the affordable price of $30.00 per session.
INDIVIDUAL LESSONS, GROUP LESSONS AND COACHES CLINICS
Get Started Today! Call or Text Coach Mark